1. The Declaration of Independence was written on parchment, which is actually made from animal skin.
2. The phrase ‘ The 3 R’s ‘ (standing for ‘reading, writing and arithmetic’ ) was created by Sir William Curtis, who was illiterate.
3. In a life time, the average human can fill an Olympic swimming pool with their saliva.
4. Metal shrinks when its cold, thats why the Eiffel tower is 6 inches shorter in winter.
5. There are no clocks in Las Vegas casinos.
6. Only two in one thousand diamonds are considered truly colorless.
7. Bamboo plants can grow up to 36 inches in a day.
8. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
9. A ten-gallon hat holds three-quarters of a gallon.
10. A barnacle has the largest penis of any other animal in the world in relation to its size.
11. The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts 3 naked men with their hands on each other’s shoulders.
12. The term “Mayday” is used for signaling for help. It comes from the French term “M’aidez” which is pronounced “MayDay” and means, “Help Me.”
13. A hurricane releases more energy in 10 minutes, than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined.
14. Compact discs read from the inside to the outside edge, the reverse of how a record works.
15. Earth is the only planet not named after a God.
16. Until 1967, LSD was legal in California.
17. Elvis had a twin brother named Jesse Garon, who died at birth, which is why Elvis’ middle name was spelled Aron; in honor of his brother.
18. According to one study, 24% of homes with lawns have some sort of lawn ornament in their yard.
19. The numbers ’172′ can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
20. The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
21. The ‘Hundred Years War’ lasted 116 years.
22. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China!
23. Both Hitler and Napoleon were missing one testicle.
24. There is about 200 times more gold in the world’s oceans, than has been mined in our entire history.
25. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
26. 15. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321.
27. Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
28. In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
29. Males sweat 40% more than females.
30. More babies are born in September than any other month.
31. Every day 1 acre of trees produce enough oxygen for 18 people.
32. About 8% of your total weight is blood.
33. Of the 17k+ words Shakespeare used, over 1700 are recorded there for the first time.
34. While performing her duties as queen, Cleopatra sometimes wore a fake beard.
35. 7 in 10 Americans have some kind of fear of the dark.
36. All of the clocks in the movie “Pulp Fiction” are stuck on 4:20.
37. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
38. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
39. Testosterone in males decreases 10% every 10 years.
40. Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours
41. Peanuts are one of the ingredients used in dynamite.
42. A sneeze will travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
43. President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader
44. The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
45. It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.
46. The only member of the band ZZ Top without a beard has the last name Beard.
47. More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones
48. In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs
49. Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never phoned his wife or his mother. They were both deaf.
50. Alexander the Great was an epileptic.
51. On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.
52. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
53. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
54. Humans, chimpanzees and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
55. The United States has more bagpipe bands than Scotland does.
56. The average human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
57. There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
58. There wasn’t a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses!
59. Pageant Models often smear Vaseline on their teeth so their lips won’t stick when smiling.
60. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
61. The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
62. Ninety-nine percent of pumpkins sold in the United States are for the sole purpose of decoration.
63. Until 1990, the deadly poison mercury was used in about 30% of latex paints
64. During your lifetime, the average human will grow 591 miles of hair.
65. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19.You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
66. If you’re typical, you can guess someone’s sex with 95% accuracy just by smelling their breath.
67. More people have a phobia of frogs than rats.
68. Alfred Hitchcock didn’t have a belly button. It was eliminated when he was sewn up after surgery.
69. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
70. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
71. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
72. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
73. The names of the three wise monkeys are: Mizaru: See no evil, Mikazaru: Hear no evil, and Mazaru: Speak no evil.
74. The lifespan of a tastebud is ten days.
75. Statistically you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
76. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than Left-handed people do.
77. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades – King David; Clubs – Alexander the Great; Hearts-Charlemagne and Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
78. 18 million links were shared on Facebook in August.
79. Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
80. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
81. There are more than 50,000 earthquakes throughout the world every year
82. Bob Dylan’s real name is Robert Zimmerman.
83. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
84. US Wireless Users Send 4.1 billion Texts Daily
85. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
86. From the age of thirty, humans gradually begin to shrink in size.
87. Google got its name from ëgoogolí, meaning the number 1 and 100 zeroes after it.
88. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the fire engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and soon figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
89. You’re born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206.
90. 1 million seconds = 13.5 days
91. The bat on the Bacardi symbol is there because the soil where the sugar cane grows is fertile from the excessive guano.
92. Sound doesn’t travel in space.
93. There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building
94. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day
95. 10% of all women registered for computer dating are teachers.
96. Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the deaths of their cats.
97. More people have a phobia of vomiting than death.
98. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
99. On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
100. The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.